Thursday, March 24, 2011

Life and The Kids


I have always had a hard time blogging.  I love the idea and reading other people's blogs.  I have great ideas of what to write about in the middle of the night but there is just no time right now.  I also don't think I have that many people that even look at my blog because I really do not write often.  Anyhow, for those that do look....thank you.  It is mainly for pictures to update our family who lives far away.

I did want to say how much I love having a baby around again.  I have to admit that I have even had the desire to have more!  We really cannot afford more, but we have never let that be a factor to hold us back.  God says they are a blessing and they are.  This time it is so different though.  Basically I have older kids (Ha! Not that old).  When I had Adelei, Kaija was only 3 (almost 4) and Mikkai was 2 so they were so little and all needed so much help.  This time Kaija is 7, Mikkai 5 and Adelei 3....a HUGE difference.  It is so fun because Kaija enjoys her as much as I do.  She LOVES to hold her and help.  She gets so excited about all the new things that Kirstin is doing.  The other kids love her too and enjoy her but this time with Kaija it is almost like having another adult around that we can talk about things together and enjoy this little life together.  I am thankful for the joy this brings to both of us.

Anyhow, Kirstin is 8 weeks old today and it is so neat how all the hard work pays off.  She is starting to really use her hands....trying to grab things and put her hands in her mouth.  She has been smiling for a month now but it only gets bigger and better.

I am tired....very tired but it is SOOOOO worth it.  She is such a joy already and so much fun.  Anyhow, we love our kids and thank God for the blessing of a full house!

3 comments:

Serena said...

Darling kids, Andrea! You truly are blessed.

Bekah said...

Love the picture!
I totally understand what you mean, Stephanie was 6 when Alexis was born and such a big help!! :-)
I don't care how often you do or don't post, I love keeping up with you when you and your beautiful family!

3hird Coast Qs said...

I miss you all!
Love,
Cousin Caedyn